Certified Breast Cancer Centre of Pirmasens
Women who do develop breast cancer typically do so ‘spontaneously’ – without any familial history or apparent risk factors that could be the trigger. Today, it is assumed that a variety of influences play a role in developing the disease. Even if the interrelationships are not yet known, a number of factors have been identified that increase the personal risk of developing breast cancer.
One thing is certain: detected early and treated correctly, breast cancer is usually curable. This is why early detection and diagnosis, in addition to avenues for treatment, play such an important role in breast cancer.
Germany is one of the world’s leaders in the fight against breast cancer. Two of the most important qualitative improvements in the treatment of breast cancer (the medical term: mammary carcinoma) are the creation of certified breast centres and the introduction of mammography screening as an early-detection method.
The certified Breast Cancer Centre of Pirmasens is a cooperating partner in the Palatinate Mammography Screening Programme. This breast cancer-screening programme was introduced nationwide in 2004 and is now well-established throughout Germany.
Visit the website: http://www.mammographiescreening-pfalz.de
This is provided by a network of highly specialised departments, practices and facilities. We work together to offer you the best screening and treatment available today, close to home.
- Detection and treatment of breast cancer and its precursors
- High-resolution ultrasound examination of the breast
- Sonographically controlled outpatient tissue sampling (high-speed punch biopsy)
- Breast-conserving surgical procedures including onco-plastic surgery
- Sonographically assisted operations for small mammary carcinomas
- Breast reconstruction and plastic surgery of the breast: In-house Clinic for Plastic Surgery
- Drug-based therapy: Chemotherapy, anti-hormonal and antibody therapy
- Psycho-oncological counselling and support in-house, offered by ‘Krebsgesellschaft Rheinland-Pfalz’
- In-house psychosocial counselling
Frauenselbsthilfe Krebs, Landesverband Rheinland-Pfalz/Saarland e. V. - Gruppe Dahn
Im Haus des Gastes
MVZ Labor Saar GmbH
66386 St. Ingbert
Schwerpunktpraxis für Hämatologie und Onkologie
Dr. med. R. Hansen, Dr. med. M. Reeb, Dr. med. S. Pfitzner-Dempfle, Dr. med. I. Stehle, Dr. med. N. Adrian
Institut für Pathologie GbR Standort Kaiserslautern
Dr. med. Axel Gauer, MIAC
Krebsgesellschaft Rheinland-Pfalz e.V.
Radiology und Nuclear medicine:
Gemeinschaftspraxis für Radiologie u. Nuklearmedizin
Dr. med. Adrian Staab
Plastic Surgery and Hand Surgery:
Clinic for Plastic Surgery and Hand Surgery
Chief Physician Dr. Matthias Evertz
Clinic for Radiology
Chief Physician Dr. med. Roland Seidel
Clinic for Anaesthesia, Intensive Care Medicine and Pain Therapy
Chief Physician Dr. med. Carsten Henn
Telephone: 06331/714-1079 (mobile house telephone)/06331/714-1048 (answering machine/office)
Pastoral Assistant Michael Adam
Social Services/Care Transition: